Intercity transport is provided by a number of companies and agencies. The Charles Street Terminal in Kitchener is the major intercity bus terminal.
GO Transit provides regular bus service from UW, WLU, Kitchener, and Cambridge SmartCentres to Mississauga Square One (Route 25), from which there are:
- Weekday peak buses every 10-20 minutes to Yorkdale, Sheppard, and Finch.
- Weekday 15-20 minute service (and some Sunday service) to Bramalea and York University.
- Buses every half-hour (every hour Sundays) to Union Station. This is all-day service except weekday peak.
During that weekday peak there are two buses (Route 25A) that connect with the GO train at Milton instead.
GO operates two weekday morning peak trains along the Kitchener line toward Toronto, and two afternoon peak trains back. It also has three Route 31 “train-buses” that connect with the Kitchener line at Bramalea. This service is all from the Kitchener VIA rail station.
You can view the GO Transit schedules or use Google Transit to see if GO Transit works for you.
There are three weekday trains in each direction from the Kitchener VIA station located on Weber Street just north of Victoria Street.
- Kitchener to Guelph, Georgetown, Brampton, and Toronto
- Trains departing at 9:10 am and 9:35 pm
- Return trains departing Toronto at 10:55am (arriving 12:36pm) and 5:40pm (arriving 7:20pm).
Greyhound / Coach Canada / Aboutown
- Greyhound operates frequent service to Guelph and Toronto, among other locations. Multiple trips to Toronto stop at Wilfrid Laurier University and the University of Waterloo, and many trips stop at the Sportsworld park and ride lot.
- Coach Canada operates service between Kitchener, Cambridge, and Hamilton, with direct stops at McMaster University.
WestJet / American Airlines
- Daily flights from the Region of Waterloo International Airport to Ottawa and Calgary. Daily flights to Chicago begin June 14, 2012.
- There is no mass transport connection to the Region’s airport at this time.
The Airporter provides some scheduled bus service to and from Pearson Airport in Mississauga as well as advanced reservation door-to-door service.